From here on, my 8 year old daughter will be referred to as Pumpkin Pie and my 4 year old daughter will be referred to as Sweet Pea. So before I begin today's story, let me provide some background. For years, we went to a church that I practically grew up in and requires a 1hour 15minute drive to get to. We decided that with two children, gas prices, and the time consumed driving, we would find a church closer to home. Here we are two years later, still visiting churches and discouraged with not finding one that we really enjoy (not that the ones that we visited were bad, just not what we were looking for). Sweet Pea has a hard time going into new churches and I get anxious thinking about some of the past experiences but this is not the place or time for those stories. This morning, we are getting ready for church and Sweet Pea is none to happy about going to church. I overhear the following conversation between my two precious daughters:
Pumpkin Pie: I promise you will like this church. We have been to it before.
Sweet Pea: No I won't. I want to stay home with Mommy.
Pumpkin Pie: Do you know what happens if you go to church with us?
Sweet Pea: What sissy?
Pumpkin Pie: We can go to the bathroom by ourselves and daddy can't come with us so we can play.
Sweet Pea: Mommy I want to go to church today.
Just for the record, my kids are not allowed to go to the bathroom by themselves because I know that they will play and their dad does not interfere with their bathroom time and privacy at home so I am still not quite sure why this was such a big deal for Sweet Pea but it did and she was happy to go to church today.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment