Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our Weekend











Wow, what a weekend! I am exhausted. Friday, I got off work early and started working on the laundry room and downstairs bathroom. Matt finished it when he got home.









































Saturday, we started painting the kitchen. Matt's cousin and family came to visit and I now have baby fever, but don't get your hopes up anytime soon. So we finished the kitchen today! It was a very involved process because so much trimming was required. I am working on the artwork for the kitchen as you will see in the pictures below, however, I am not artsy and do not think that this will work. If you have any great suggestions, let me know. The weekend has definitely been tiresome and this week at work is very big for the center. We are being examined for our national accreditation at work so keep us in your prayers. It means that we could get some necessary funding to provide some much needed services for the kids. The before picture of the kitchen was actually taken when our house was being built because it is the only one I have of the actual kitchen (without anyone in it) because I forgot to take some before pictures. My attempt at artwork is a little off..





































2 comments:

Bernadette said...

hey, you do nice work...wanna paint mine!! figure nect year i'll repaint in a satin and semigloss...everything is painted flat right now. love your colors...i don't know much about art but hgtv has great ideas..esp design on a dime and color splash...they can do stuff with anything!

Shannon Kelley said...

I like the m art work! Especially if you do 3 canvases in a row...that will be nice! Looks good....cant wait to see it!