Thursday, June 19, 2008

not your baby

After a long, drawn out battle of who will last longer and be meaner, Sweet Pea hit where it hurts. She has been in a mood to say the least and tonight was worse than others this week. She decided that she wanted to play longer, not brush her teeth, and not go to bed. After attempting all of the other tried and true methods (negotiation, threatening, time out, etc...), I resorted to a pop on the bottom, which I don't often do with her and never do with Pumpkin Pie. Following the wail of tears and screams, the following pitiful words came out: "I'm not your baby anymore and I really mean it this time. I'm not going to be your baby ever again." Once she calmed down, she did change her mind and decided that she would be my baby again. We apologized and currently a new argument is resulting because she thinks she deserves television time. I, on the other hand, think it is bed time. Any wagers on who will win?!

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

momma...cuz when momma ain't happy nobodys happy!! kids...they are a pain in the ###(hehe)!!!