Sunday, May 16, 2010
My Worst Nightmare
Of all the things that I could dread in this world, LICE would have to be on the top of my list. I have made it this far in life and never had to truly endure the experience. My brother caught lice when he was in Kindergarten but I was only a young teenager and did not truly understand the experience. Pumpkin Pie complained of her head itching Saturday and her dad (being all manly) checked her head to say that she just wasn't washing her hair well. Later, when I caught wind of this previous conversation, knew that I needed to check for myself. I was horrified at the sight I found. We spent the remainder of the evening scrubbing everyone's hair with the special shampoo (although no one else was found to have anything) and then washing bedding, vacuuming, spraying items down with the special spray, etc...I didn't get to bed until after 1:00 a.m. I had nightmares all night and resumed my "cleaning" this morning. I have gone through everyone's head again and cleaned even more. I don't know that I will ever sleep well again. This has been a very tragic experience for me, even though it seems small to most others. Let's hope that lice never enter my house again. By the way, I only found a total of five bugs on her head, which I am sure is not a lot but was way too much for me to handle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment