Sunday, January 11, 2009

Father-in-Law

My father in law was in a wreck Saturday afternoon. He should not have been driving to begin with because his muscular dystrophy has progressively worsened and his reaction time is not the best, plus his muscles are not strong enough to control some of the motions that I think he needs to have in order to drive. He has a subdural hematoma (bleed on the brain) but it is currently unchanged (still bleeding but not swelling), a broke nose, 10 stitches down his forehead, cracked ribs, and many bruises and pains. My husband has spent part of yesterday and today at the hospital, while I remained at home (SICK) with the kids. I am very fortunate to have such wonderful children and I am trying to overcome my guilt of them living on cereal, pop tarts, chips, etc... for a couple of days because I don't have the strength to cook. Please keep that family in your prayers! Matt's mom takes things like this much harder than his dad ever could/would because she feels guilty for everything. She has had quite a bit of family support to assist with that though.

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

sorry to hear about your father in law and you...will keep you all in prayer