
Me and my Best Friend from college
Wow! We stayed on the go this weekend. We started out Friday night with Pumpkin Pie's orientation for school, ice cream at Bruster's, and visiting with some close friends and letting the kids play together. Saturday morning, we had the pleasure of celebrating Beans birthday and getting to see all of her family, especially the other special guests that came in from Wisconsin (Lindsay and Eric) to celebrate the special day. Unfortunately, due to my poor planning, we had to leave early to get Pumpkin Pie's hair trimmed (as she really wanted this done before school started). By the time we were done there, the party was wrapping up. Saturday evening, we attempted a trip to Dollywood with my mom. It was soooo crowded! In the two hours we were there, the kids rode two rides so we decided to go shopping instead. We ate dinner at Cracker Barrel and headed back home.
Sunday, we skipped out on church. I know it is a horrible thing and I really do feel guilty about it. However, we were able to visit with some very dear friends of ours that we do not get to visit with that often. We went to Dollywood (again) and spent the day with my best friend from college and her family. Her and her husband actually introduced me to my husband because they just knew we would be perfect for each other. I am very thankful to have a few smart friends! (just joking to the others, and if you had to wonder if you are the non-smart one, you probably are) It was an absolutely wonderful trip, wonderful company, no crowds, and nice weather. Plus, I had two large cups of Frozen Cherry Lemonade (one of God's greatest gifts). I did, of course, have to share it with the girls because they also love it. The girls were absolutely worn out by the time we traveled home and were barely able to play when we got home. That was relaxing for me, at least!
So starts another week. My husband often comments that I pack our weekends full of things to do and on the weekends that I don't, something always comes up that we get to do. Poor thing never gets any rest. This weekend is going to be an adventure as well. We will be shampooing my Mamaw's carpet for her and celebrating my baby nephew's very first birthday! I guess Matt will have to wait for his relaxing weekend of doing nothing (unless I plan stuff on that weekend too).
No comments:
Post a Comment